What does SFTGFOP-1, FTGFOP, TGBOP, TGFOF & PD means?
A lot of customers have confusions regarding the terms or so called grades associated along with the teas. In general we have follwoing sizes:
1. Pekoe (P) - whole leaf
2. Broken (B) - broken leaf
3. Fannings (F) - smaller particles
4. Dust (D) - dust particles
To describe the certain terms & to explain the liquors & aroma.
1. Special or Souchong (s) - for better quality teas or for knotty stout ball type leaf.
2. Flowery or Fine - for the well made teas or finer teas.
3. Golden (G) - for teas giving golden liquors.
4. Orange (O) - for the orange colour liquors.
5. Tippy (T) - for the tippy teas.
6. Numeral 1 - for superior teas.
So normally above acronyms will stand for:
SFTGFOP-1 - Special Fine Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe
FTGFOP - Finest Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe
TGBOP - Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Pekoe
TGOF - Tippy Golden Flowery Orange Fannings
PD - Pekoe Dust
BPS - Broken Pekoe Souchong